Menu

Labneh (Lebanese soft yogurt cheese) - لبنة


1 plain yogurt container
Teaspoon of salt
Olive oil
Cotton cloth to serve the purpose of a small bag

Open the container of yogurt and add the salt and mix, then empty the yogurt in the cloth, tie it and hang it over your sink overnight. You want the water to drain all night.
In the morning, empty the labneh from the cloth and serve with olive oil on top with any bread or toast.

Tip: You can make garlic labneh by adding a couple of crushed cloves of garlic or garlic powder. Also labneh can make a wonderful dip, serve it with a vegetable tray and add to the labneh a teaspoon of curry powder.

2 comments:

  1. I was just learning about this and I came through to your blog, which I already read all the time. It's great! I knew you would have this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Helen! and I also just noticed that I forgot to post a picture and I just did :)

    ReplyDelete

Moi!

authorHello, my name is MAG. I've been running this blog since 2007. Follow me on Social Media!!!
Learn More →



Photos